Thursday, October 23, 2014

delicious fall


Yummy Autumn





as I sit at my little sewing machine 
looking out the window


the leaves are rustling in the breeze
the rain is dripping from the eaves


colors are popping out all over 


summer flowers have faded
leaving a few stragglers


  there is a bit of somberness about autumn... 

  crazy days of summer have past..




                   changing seasons.. 

                    days are shortening..

                      nights are darker..

                       a chill hoovers in the air


wherever I wander 
wherever I rove
the hills of the Highlands for ever I love

>>.. Robert Burns




I cannot endure to waste anything 

as precious as autumn sunshine 
by staying in the house
so I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air

♦.. Nathaniel Hawthorne




I feel as if I had opened a book 
and found roses of yesterday 
sweet and fragrant
between its leaves

>>.. L.M. Montgomery





I'm thinking a spot of tea 
sounds wonderful about now 



~ enjoy!

3 comments:

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

Beautiful work, Lisa! The top one reminds me of a delicious apple strudel--delicate and fine.

Yael said...

Wonderful! Especially the Highlander Keepsake - it whispers a hint of winter!

And now I am thinking about that spot of tea... :-)

andrea creates said...

tea sounds great right now! all of your bags are great~the highlander bag is perfectly cozy looking for the season :)