Friday, February 07, 2014

... feeling rather shabby ..........




perhaps it is the white dusting we just had
or the 14° when I got up this morning
or the warm fire in the stove 
I was just in the mood to create something
cozy, comforting, homey

I am not really what you would call
shabby chic style 
but there is a sense of country rustic about it
I do love
the lace, the tatters, the vintage 
like it could be a treasure from my grandmother's trunk


Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.
•♥• Zora Neale Hurston



two trees
a portion of your soul has been
entwined with mine
a gentle kind of togetherness, while
separately we stand
as two trees deeply rooted in
separate plots of ground
while their topmost branches
come together
forming a miracle of lace
against the heavens

♦.. Janet Mills


A dream you dream alone is only a dream. 
A dream you dream together is reality.
•♥• John Lennon


I carry your heart with me
(I carry it in my heart)
I am never without it 
(anywhere I go you go,
my dear and whatever is done by only me is your doing,
my darling)
~. e.e. cummings

the sun is shining
the sky is blue
it may be freezing out there
but it is going to be a good day

Happy Friday!!






7 comments:

andrea creates said...

happy friday lisa!
love these new bags and the lacy embellishments :)

we were at minus 6 degrees this morning~the snow is literally frozen outside!!

have a great weekend...

Unknown said...

Wow, Love all of the lace, beautiful bags.....

Rebekah said...

Your posts are always such happy ones Lisa and always add a little spot of happy to my day! I love your beautiful new bags.

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

I don't even know what shabby chic is...but this is definitely not shabby, it's beautiful.

Yael said...

Oh Lisa, they are all so wonderful!
Also those in your last post, especially the first one, the one with the blue flowers and the lovely upper "fringe"!

Here we have the problem of no rain, it is very bad - all the wild flowers are later than usual. Some bloom even less. But winter still is not over, so we hope for the sky to open. Meanwhile I am painting away - where will I go with this? No idea, but I do enjoy!
Hugs!

Louise said...

Absolutely beautiful!

koralee said...

Oh my goodness...these are so so lovely!!!! Your work inspires me. Hope your Valentine week is full of love. xoo