Monday, April 14, 2014

Wild Fire




I remember being about 9 or 10 
came out .. 
and ....   I'll admit .. 
I'd hoover around my little am/fm radio when it would come on 
and listen passionately 
and always had a little tear by the end.
I loved that song!





She comes down from Yellow Mountain

On a dark, flat land she rides

On a pony she named, Wildfire

With a whirlwind by her side
On a cold Nebraska night

Oh, they say, she died one winter
When there came a killing frost
And the pony she named, Wildfire
Busted down it's stall
In a blizzard he was lost

She ran callin', Wildfire
She ran callin', Wildfire
She ran callin', Wildfire

By the dark of the moon, I planted
But there came an early snow
There's been a hoot-owl howling by my window now
For six nights in a row
She's coming for me, I know
And on Wildfire, we're both gonna go

On Wildfire, we're gonna ride
We're gonna leave, sodbustin' behind
Get these hard times right on out of our minds
Riding Wildfire

2 comments:

barb said...

Great song and bag!

found and sewn said...

Your new bag is amazing! Have a lovely Easter x