Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Full Pink Moon & Low Tides


last week's full moon brought the lowest tide 
I've seen here in Olympia


Boston Harbor .. Budd Inlet
-2.9 tide



boats resting on the mud flats


Jacques Yves Cousteau


to me 
the sea is like a person
like a child that I've know a long time
it sounds crazy .. I know 
but when I swim in the sea I talk to it
I never feel along when I'm out there
Gertrude Ederle


those who live by the sea 
can hardly form a single thought 
of which the sea would not be part
Hermann Broch


the Mediterranean has the color of mackerel
changeable I mean
you don't always know if it is green or violet
you can't even say it's blue
because the next moment the changing reflection 
has taken on a tint of rose or gray
Vincent Van Gogh


the sea
washing the equator and the poles
offers its perilous aid
and the power and empire that follow it
beware of me it says
but if you can hold me
I am the key to all the lands
Ralph Waldo Emerson





Mount Rainier over the Olympia skyline


Budd Inlet


Olympics Range



•  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •


♥♥♥ off to a great start!!


         May .... Ride Your Bike To Work Month by ZiBagz

                     I thought of that while riding my bicycle   ~ Einstein

Bicycle Frame Handle - WalnutStudiolo Bike Mug Bicycle This is How I Roll- earthenware - LennyMud bicycle photograph / bike, red, city, denver, lined up / mile high bikes / 8x10 fine art photo - shannonpix Colored Fixie Fixed Gear Track Road Bike Bicycle 700 x 25c Tires - ProjektFixie
Bicycle Pillow Cover 12x18 inch White Cotton PRINT DESIGN 18 - DelindaBoutique Bike Ride Digital Print - TypePosters Bicycle Chain Cufflinks (4 Links) - AvantGardeDesign Commuter Leather Hip Pouch - BiciCouture
Elevate Bike Rack - Walnut (14") - ElevateWoodworks Bicycle Earring Studs - Bike Earring Posts - Bicycle Jewelry - Black White Earrings - MistyAurora Fox on a Bicycle Racerback Tank Top - American Apparel Tri Blend Gray Heather - Available in XS, S, M, and L - darkcycleclothing Cyclist's Bicycle Stamp - Rubber Stamp - Cling Rubber Stamp - creatiate
Bicycle art poster, quote print, inspirational quote, quote art, nursery decor, bike print, Life is Like Riding A Bicycle - printdesignstudio Bicycle Built for Flowers - Canvas Tote Bag (You Choose Handle Color) - seekerofhappiness Handmade Ceramic  Curved Bracelet  Bar Bicycle in Denim Blue - Bohulleybeads Ride with me ART PRINT 018 - AlidaBothmaArt



5 comments:

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

That's what I so love about the ocean--the tides, and that nothing is ever the same, but always in flux. Beautiful photos!

windrock studio said...

All of these images make me happy, especially the one that looks jewell encrusted ... and the little bird homes!

Yael said...

I am always waiting for your posts, and I am never disappointed - on the contrary they are always a joy!
Yesterday I thought, hm, where is Lisa and hurray, today there she is with marvelous photos! Thank you!

Valerie Boersma said...

I miss the ocean so much! We usually have a fountain on our back patio, just to give a small sense of living near water-and now the pump gave out. Sigh...

My daughter wants to go to the University of Puget Sound after she graduates next year. I love it's location, and there are some good seafood restaurants in Tacoma too!

These photos Lisa, and these quotes-I just love them! Thanks you!

found and sewn said...

I wish I lived close to the sea..beautiful quotes, I love the Van Gogh one.